EXCITING NEWS! Click on “Letter Writing Contest” on the menu bar to learn about ways for students to win CASH prizes!
Sunday, October, 25, 2015 from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
St. Mary’s Seminary & University
5400 Roland Avenue | Baltimore, MD 21212
Join us for the third and final Celebration of Vatican II! As a Steering Committee, we have enjoyed planning these events that further the teachings of the Council and the importance of continuing forward with them.
This year, we are so pleased to have a panel of presenters discuss Nostra Aetate and the relationships between various faith traditions and how we can improve them moving by following the documents of the Council.
Within our community, there are many organizations that strive for interfaith and ecumenical connections. We are providing time for introductions to these very important organizations and people so that their message can be given a wide audience.
Schedule of the Day’s Events
9:30am – Registration
10:00 am – Welcome and Announcements
10:30- 12 Noon – Panel Presentation on Nostra Aetate
- Dr. John Borelli, Georgetown University, “Remembering Nostra Aetate: Vatican II, Interreligious Dialogue, Comparative Theology and the Future”
- Dr. Heather Miller Rubens, ICJS, “Mapping the Theological Boundaries of Jewish-Catholic Dialogue”
- Dr. Pim Valkenberg, Catholic University of America, “Muslim-Catholic Dialogue between Fear and Friendship”
12 noon-1 pm – Lunch
1:00-3:00 pm – Interfaith Initiatives Part I
- Dr. Christopher Leighton, Executive Director & Staff
- Baltimore Jewish Coucil
- Dr. Arthur Abramson, Executive Director
- Martha Weiman, Past President
- Jeanette Parmigiani, Director of Holocaust Programs
- Muslim/Christian Dialogue
3:00-3:10 pm — Break
3:10-4:30 pm – Interfaith Initiatives: Part II
- Ecumenical Institute of St. Mary’s Seminary & University
- Dr. Brent Laytham
4:30 pm – Plenary/Prayer session
5:00 pm – Adjournment